Thursday, January 28, 2010

Roses ala Rosanne


After several attempts, I finally was able to make the tea rose that Rosanne at A Moms Impressions made. (She can also be found at RoxyCar11 on Youtube.) I tried putting a button on a lop-sided one (at top). I tried to cover up a lack of petals by adding gold stickles (at right). I made another one that I obviously didn't roll up enough because instead of looking like a rose, it looks rather like a camellia (at left). Nice flower, but not what I was going for. Using darker cardstock than the first three attempts, I succeeded (bottom). I don't think it was the cardstock - but the change allowed me to let go of the failures and go forward. It's strange how just a little change in thinking can alter a person's perspective. However, I think my circle base is still too small to get the best result. Anyway, thanks so much Rosanne! Your tutorials are priceless. I can't afford to buy the pre-made Prima flowers I see on other people's blogs and tutorials. But I don't have to go without flowers, as Rosanne has shown me.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! you are so sweet Angela!!!!! Keep trying you'll get the hang of it! My first ones were not that great but the more you make them - the better you'll get!!! I just love ya! HUGS Rosanne

    ReplyDelete