Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Cheery Card


It's been very foggy lately. We haven't seen the sun for almost two weeks. So, I decided to make a cheery card for my mom to lift our spirits.
The card itself is made with white cardstock which, when folded, is 5.5in by 4.25in. I added some pink polka-dot paper that I got from my son's origami kit (he didn't want pink with polka-dots). On top of that is another piece of paper from the Best of Paper Collections from K and Company which I got on sale for $17 at Joann. The rub-on sentiment is by colorbok, and the two sparkly dragonflies are by Darice, and called self-stick gems. I purchased both the rub-on and the gems from Tuesday Morning. Finally, I made stitch marks all around the outside of the pink polka-dot with my pink .05 Zig pen.
Since the sun just started peeking through the clouds, I'd say that my card has already brought sunshine to my life.

1 comment: