Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Gone By

Even though I didn't get a video camera for Christmas, I didn't want for it, (Christmas), to be over. My kids had a wonderful Christmas, and didn't complain at all about the fewer number of presents under the tree this year. My husband's pay-cut dug deep into our Christmas budget. I was thankful that at least he still has a job. So many don't. I bought candy canes and we already had lights and a few ornaments for our little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. Although I have taken everything off the tree, we still haven't moved it out of the house. The needles haven't started falling yet, so we are still enjoying it's lovely scent. And, as corny as this sounds, thank Wal-mart for our Christmas. I was able to get new winter jackets for everyone for $7 each. My husband gave me some money for myself (he's so sweet -- he didn't give himself any money), knowing that I really enjoy scrapbooking. I bought the Rustic paper pack by DCWV from Jo-ann for $9.99 and spent the rest on a really sharp pair of scissors which I'm dedicating to ribbon cutting only, and some clearance Christmas stickers and bling from Michaels. It's amazing how far $20 can go if you really budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment