Friday, February 5, 2010

A Mini from a Minnie








I made a mini album using a Minnie Mouse board book (the kind for toddlers to play with). I roughed up the pages with some sandpaper and then covered the album using the Rockstar paper pad. It was nice to work with something that already had a binding. The downside was I had to keep the embellishments flat or the pages wouldn't close. The Rockstar Pages are black based; the board book, white. So I took a black Sharpie and covered the pages down by the binding so the white wouldn't be obvious. I then took the same Sharpie and penned all along the edges of the board book pages. If I had planned ahead, I would have blackened everything before adhering the patterned paper. Alas, I had to peel back the papers, black the binding, and then re-adhere the paper. It's a fun little project, and if you are a mom like me you should still have slobbered on board books tucked away in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment