Sunday, February 14, 2010

OWL


My husband took my boys camping to celebrate Valentine's Day. Kinda weird? Actually I am loving it. My daughter and I can craft all day without the boys bothering us. That's a perfect present to me.


We watched a video by RoxyCar11 (youtube channel) on how to make owls. We dug through my supplies until we found the stuff we would need. My daughter is going to explain what she did to make her owl:
Hey everyone, so the first thing i did was find an ovalular (its a word) or oval piece of chipboard.Next was i cut a cresent shape off the top for the top of the head.After i did that i placed 2 white feathers for the ears, i then made the body but you can put the arms-wings on first, then i put the wings and tail feather on.
For the eyes i used circle pieces of a light tan paper which i dunked in water then put on top of a yellowish stamp pad.After i had dyed both sides yellow i took a dark brown stamp pad and then using my finger (you can use a sponge if you dont want to dye your finger) i pressed onto the stamp pad then dabbed at the eyes to darken them up.
Once they dried i had to pick the pupils.My mom said they had to be the same color (there goes my blue and green idea) and that they couldnt be bright red (well there goes that idea).Finally i found a pretty amber color.I glued the eyes on and together with glossy accents.My mom said that i couldnt make the mouth or beak bright red (my excuse was it just ate...) so i decided on a light blue rhinestone which i glued on with glossy accents.
I thought this was a fun project to do with my mom cause she kept sighing and rolling her eyes everytime i suggested something ridiculous.Thanks Roxy for the fantabulous (its a word...i am writing a dictionary) idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment